The following are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) by our users. If you have further questions that you would like answered please email us at prags4@uw.edu

Q: Can I book hotels and tours through PetTrip?

A: PetTrip is your one stop guide to finding accommodation, dining, attractions, and other services while you are planning your vacation in Seattle Рwith your pet in mind of course :) We do not mediate transactions between service providers and thus unfortunately do not have options for you to make bookings on our website.

We have listed the best places based on our users ratings and try to make it as personal as possible. We introduce the place or the activity to you and also guide you to the vendor so that your planning process is least tedious.

Go ahead and explore the variety of options listed on PetTrip and don’t forget to come back and give us your feedback on these places – that’s the best way we can keep PetTrip as personal and enjoyable as it is for our customers. Happy planning! :)

Q: What should I think about when deciding to travel with my pet?

A: There are numerous considerations you should take into account:

  • Make sure your pet is comfortable with travel
    • Some pets cannot handle travel because of illness, injury, age or temperament.
    • If your pet is not good with travel, you should consider a reliable pet-sitter or talk to your veterinarian about boarding facilities in your area.
  • Make sure your pet has identification tags with up-to-date information.
  • Having your pet implanted with a microchip can improve your chances of getting your pet back if it becomes lost. The microchip must be registered with your current contact information, including a cell phone number. A tag is included when you have a microchip that has the microchip number and a mobile contact of the owner, so if the pet is found, they can use the tag to determine ownership without having to contact a veterinarian. Contact the microchip company for a replacement tag if you’ve lost yours, and for information on how to update your personal information when traveling.
  • If you are taking your pet across state or international borders, a health certificate is required. The health certificate must be signed by a veterinarian after your pet has been examined and found to be free of disease. Your pet’s vaccinations must be up to date in order for the health certificate to be completed.
  • Make sure that your pet is allowed where you are staying. Some accommodations will allow pets and some will not, so check in advance. Also, when traveling, you should bring a portable kennel with you if you have to leave your pet unattended.
    • Staying with Friends or Family: Inform your host that your pet will be coming along and make sure that your pet is a welcomed guest as well.
    • Staying in a Hotel or Motel: Stay at a pet friendly place. Some hotels and motels only accept small pets or pets under a certain weight; when making a reservation, make sure you inquire about the terms of their pet policy. Try to minimize the amount of time your pet will be alone in the room. When leaving your pet alone in the room, inform the front desk that your pet is being left alone in the room and place a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door. Make sure the hotel/motel knows how they can contact you if there are any problems.
    • Staying at a Park, Campground or Marina: Make sure these places are pet friendly, clean up after your pet and always keep your pet on a leash.

Q: Whom should I contact as I am considering travel arrangements?

A: All of the following are important:

  • Your veterinarian
  • The airline or travel company
  • The accommodations: hotel, motel, park, camping ground or marina
  • The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Animal & Plant Inspection Service, Veterinary Services: www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/sregs or 800-545-USDA (8732) and press #2 for State Regulations
  • Foreign Consulate or Regulatory Agency (if traveling to another country)
    • If you are traveling to another country (or even Hawaii), there may be quarantine or other health requirements
    • If traveling out of the continental United States, you should contact these agencies at least 4 weeks in advance


Source – https://www.avma.org/public/PetCare/Pages/Traveling-with-Your-Pet-FAQs.aspx#camping

© 2017: PetTrip | Travel Theme by: D5 Creation | Powered by: WordPress